The Division of Pulmonology Diseases at Fortis Memorial Research Institute provides comprehensive lung care to patients with lung diseases such as asthma, COPD, ILD, allergic disorders, pleural effusion, resistant and life threatening infectious diseases involving lung, cases with acute and chronic respiratory failure and multisystem disorders affecting the lungs. We possess great expertise in providing state-of-the-art clinical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of for a full range of pulmonary conditions and diseases such as: acute lung injury, Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), Interstitial lung disease, Occupational and environmental lung disease, Pulmonary hypertension, Pulmonary vascular disease and Sarcoidosis etc.
The Department is among the first in the nation to introduce non-invasive ventilation and sleep medicine in India.
- Interventional Pulmonology and Bronchoscopy - This is a super subspecialty of Pulmonology where minimally invasive procedures are carried out to diagnose and treat a range of lung disorders using advanced bronchoscopy and thoracoscopic techniques.
- Non-invasive Pulmonology - It involves the diagnosis and management of a range of pulmonary diseases related to pulmonary medicine including difficult, systemic and auto-immune disorders. Moreover, it also encompasses Interpretation of pulmonary function tests including management of lung volumes and diffusion capacity.
- EBUS TBNA and Radial Probe EBUS - With endoscopic ultrasound technology, the diagnosis of almost all lung lesions can be done with minimally invasive interventions. The EBUS – TBNA is used to diagnose the lesions around the large airways and with Radial Probe EBUS peripheral lung lesions can be accessed.
- Pulmonary Critical Care - We provide specialized Pulmonary Critical Care for acute life threatening respiratory diseases backed by a state-of-art next generation computer assisted ICU which houses modern cutting edge technology including ECMO.
- Sleep Medicine – Here we deal with snoring, insomnia, excessive sleepiness and psychosomatic sleep related disorders along with the treatment of sleep related disorders like obstructive sleep apnoea and obesity hypoventilation using CPAP and BIPAP devices.
- Infectious Diseases - Dr Goel is expert in diagnosing and treating infectious diseases with the support of advanced lung interventions and microbiology lab. Dr Goel is adept in managing acute as well as chronic multidrug resistant infections which at times could be life threatening.
The Department of Pulmonology at FMRI is a highly advanced and specialised unit and provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventative services for management of respiratory diseases in adults. The Inpatient division, backed by advanced clinical support and a full-fledged digital ICU (Intensive Care Unit), is loaded with all the facilities to render specialised care to patients with acute respiratory problems or respiratory failure.
Our medical team, which includes internationally trained Consultants, Specialists, Nurses and Technicians, follows rigorous treatment protocols to deliver high quality, evidence-based care to patients in a compassionate environment.
- Video bronchoscopy: diagnostic procedures like trans bronchial, forceps and brush biopsies
- Trans bronchial Needle Aspiration
- EBUS TBNA to diagnose directly not accessible mediastinal lymph nodes, masses and peripheral tumours.
- Guide Sheath Radial Probe Biopsy (EBUS – RP)
- Cryo Therapy
- Cryo biopsy
- Airway Stenting
- Medical Thoracoscopy
- Laser Photocoagulation of Endobronchial Pathology
- Balloon Tamponade for stopping Haemoptysis
- Balloon Bronchoplasty for airway strictures
- Endobronchial Brachytherapy
- Percutaneous Tracheostomy
- Direct Laryngoscopy
- Chest tube Drainage