Blood disorders are not uncommon among children; however, awareness about them is lacking, leading to a delay in diagnosis and treatment. Blood disorders include inherited or acquired problems with red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, clotting factors or bone marrow. Also, blood disorders in the pediatric age group are often different from that in adults hence needing specialized care. Pediatric Hematology a branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of children with blood disorders.
The department of Pediatric Haematology at FMRI cares for children with all blood disorders including:
- Anaemia- such as Nutritional Anemias, Thalassemia, Sickle cell disease, hereditary spherocytosis, Pure red cell aplasia, Diamond Blackfan anemia, etc
- Bleeding disorders
- Coagulation disorders
- Thrombocytopenia or low platelets
- Leucopenia (low white blood cell count) or neutropenia (low neutrophil count)
- Aplastic anaemia
- Inherited bone marrow failure syndromes
- Splenomegaly and disorders of splenic function
- Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH)
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH)
- Primary Immunodeficiency disorders
- Inborn errors of metabolism
- Blood cancers
The Division of Pediatric Hematology at FMRI, Gurugram comprises of a team of well qualified and experienced Pediatric Hematologist’s who have been trained in the field from some of the prestigious institutes in the world. We also have the support of an in-house modern, well-equipped laboratory with dedicated haematopathology services and an in-house blood bank providing comprehensive care for these children.
We as a team are trusted by many countries and we have treated children from all across the world with excellent outcomes.