The Department of Paediatric Cardio-thoracic Vascular Surgery at Fortis Memorial Research Institute is an internationally-acclaimed & highly specialised centre for the diagnosis and superlative treatment of heart-related conditions. The Department has gained an international profile for a focused multidisciplinary team approach for diagnosis and state-of-the-art treatment for a wide spectrum of cardiothoracic and vascular diseases in children.
The surgical team at the department has enormous expertise in neonatal repairs, arrhythmia surgery, coronary artery problems, vascular rings, tracheal abnormalities and mitral valve repair. The team leads the nation in arrhythmia surgery, integrating this technique into repair of congenital heart defects in infants and children.
Our nurse practitioners and physician assistants conduct an ongoing program to help patients and parents learn about cardiothoracic surgery. The surgical team collaborates closely with paediatric cardiologists in all our programs. Advanced care for infants, children and teens includes specialisation in procedures such as:
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Berlin Heart ventricular assist device
- Fontan conversion and arrhythmia surgery for complex single-ventricle patients
- Reoperations for adolescents and adults with congenital heart disease
- Arrhythmia surgery in combination with surgery for a congenital heart defect
- Congenital complete tracheal rings/stenosis and associated pulmonary artery sling malformation
- Coronary artery anomalies, including anomalies of coronary origin, and acquired disease such as Kawasaki disease
The mission of the Department of Paediatric Cardio-Thoracic Vascular Surgery is provide exceptional care to patients in all aspects of heart, lung and vascular diseases. Our experts are committed to providing accurate diagnoses and optimal care for patients, promoting teaching at both undergraduate and specialisation levels and developing innovative research programmes.
The Department encompasses many complementary areas, closely integrated with each other: cardiology; pneumology; internal medicine, with particular focus on thromboembolic and vascular diseases; environmental health medicine; lung and heart diseases; cardiac surgery; thoracic surgery; vascular-endovascular surgery; paediatric-congenital cardiac surgery; and statistics.
Backed by state-of-the-art technological support and world-class infrastructure, the Department of Paediatric Cardio-Thoracic Vascular Surgery performs all types of Cardiothoracic and Vascular procedures.
- Ross procedure Lung resection
- Mediastinal Dissection
- Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS)
- CCU and ICU
- Fractional Flow Rate (FFR) for better diagnosis
- Tilt Table Testing
- 64 Slice Dual Source CT scan for CT Coronary Angiography
- Cardiac CAT SCAN
- Advanced Cardiac Cath Labs