Just think of your life without eyes and you would realise how essential they are. This is why their regular screening is utmost necessary to see the world in the most beautiful way. The Department of Ophthalmology at Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) is a nationally-recognised eye care centre and offers comprehensive care to patients with eye-related conditions. The division is a highly specialised department that offers state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment of all ophthalmological diseases.
Our ophthalmologists and optometrists offer complete range of eye care, from routine eye testing to eye surgery. They have immense expertise in treating conditions such as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, cornea transplant, cancer of the eye, and diseases of the eyelids, the retina, the inside of the eye (vitreous), and the nerves related to the eye. They also carry out refractions, prescribe corrective lenses, and perform refractive laser surgery, cosmetic eye surgery and contact lens services, including scleral lenses.
As many eye conditions are due to other health problems, we focus on collaborating with other specialty experts to deliver the right eye care to our patients.
- Refractive Errors and refractive surgery
- Implantable Collamer lens
- Phacoemulsification (advanced technique of cataract extraction)
- Orbital surgeries
The Department of Ophthalmology at FMRI is committed to provide a complete eye care from basic eye examinations to complex surgical procedures including any kind of eye-related emergency services. Backed by latest & high-end technology, the department is capable of providing one-stop eye care in the most encouraging and caring environment.
Technology and Infrastructure
Autorefractometer - righteon, Slit lamp biomicroscope, Applanation tonometer, keratometer, A-scan biometer - Quantel, Operating microscope - Lieca, Phacoemulsification unit - Laurette (Alcon)
- Glaucoma clinic- Applanation Tonometry, Gonioscopy
- Screening for Diabetic Retinopathy Other Retinal Diseases, 90 D Evaluation of Retina, Indirect Ophthalmoscopy
- Paediatric clinic, Corneal clinic, Refraction, Contact Lens Clinic, Optical Service
- Microsurgery including
- Cataract surgery-Concept of No injection, no suture, no patch, Surgery under Topical anaesthesia,1.8mm
- Microphaco done with Infinity by Alcon, Foldable lens, Multi-focal lens, Toric lens
- Surgery for Glaucoma - sutureless, sutureless combined with microphaco, Implants for Glaucoma
- Paediatric Cataract Surgery, Oculoplastic surgeries, sutureless grafting for Pterygium
- YAG Laser for - after cataract and Glaucoma
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Excimer Laser