Welcome to the Department of Neurology at Fortis Memorial Research Institute! The Department has been a centre of excellence since its inception. We provide world-class, personalised, comprehensive consultative services, diagnostic testing and treatment for a wide range of neurological conditions, including diseases of the spinal cord, brain, peripheral nerves and muscles.
The department is comprised of eminent physicians and neurosurgeons, many of whom have tremendous national and international exposure for their clinical and/or research efforts. They share a common goal of finding new treatments that will reduce and ultimately stop the catastrophic impact of neurological disorders.
Our unique, integrated medical programme follows a multi-disciplinary and multi-modality approach to patient care and explores innovative ways to better understand and treat underlying disease mechanisms in the field of neuro sciences. We utilise the most sophisticated diagnostic procedures and the most innovative techniques to treat neurological conditions and related problems.
Our medical programme is led by reputed doctors, super-sub-specialists and speciality nurses, all committed to consolidating their phenomenal clinical expertise, technology and innovation to offer best–in–class treatments including:
- Management of Brain Stroke
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Paralytic Disorders
- Electrophysiological Study and Management for all Muscle and Nerve related diseases
- Management of Epilepsy
- Video Analysis and Recording of Parkinson's Disease and other Movement & Degenerative Disorders and Management with Medication, Surgery, Rehabilitation
- Multidisciplinary Assessment and Management of Multiple Sclerosis
- Multidisciplinary Assessment and Treatment of Headache
- Diagnosis of various Sleep Disorders
Through our commitment to clinical research, we continue to gain insight and understanding into the normal and abnormal functions of the human nervous system and how to care for related disorders. Our speciality clinics tend to focus on specific areas of neurology and include:
- Multiple Sclerosis Clinic
- Headache Clinic
- Memory Clinic
- Epilepsy Clinic
- Stroke Clinic
- Sleep Clinic
- Dementia Clinic