FMRI’s Department of Minimal Access, Bariatric & GI Surgery has been acknowledged as a one-stop centre for patients who are in need for weight loss through bariatric surgery and for patients with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
The Department’s primary objective is to help patients improve their overall health and, ultimately a good quality of life. Our team of doctors performs all kinds of abdominal surgeries laparoscopically which are otherwise done using open surgery. We have an extremely wide portfolio in this field of medicine and some of our commonly performed procedures include:
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- SILS Appendectomy (Single Incision Surgery)
- Lap Hernia Repairs (Almost zero recurrence for all inguinal/ventral/incisional /multi-recurrent hernias)
- Lap Colo-rectal Surgeries (For the benign (Prolapse/Diverticula) & malignant conditions)
- Lap Surgery for GERD/ Hiatus Hernia
- MIPH (Stapled Haemorrhoidectomy)
- STARR Stapled Trans Anal Rejection of Rectum
- Advanced Bariatric Surgeries
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic RNY Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy/Splenectomy
- Lap & other bilio pancreatic surgery
- (VATS) Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgeries: e.g. Thymectomy/ lung /esophageal surgery
We work with multidisciplinary teams consisting of gastroenterologists, medical & radiation oncologists, endocrinologists, physiotherapists, and dieticians to provide comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients with common and complex upper digestive tract diseases such as diseases of the oesophagus, stomach & intestines, gastrointestinal tumours (GIST), bile duct & gallbladder stones and obesity & metabolic disorders.
With an unparalleled depth of domain knowledge and access to the most advanced technology along with a caring and compassionate approach towards patient care, we provide each patient with a comprehensive evaluation and customised treatment in the best possible manner.
Several globally-recognised doctors make occasional visits to Fortis Memorial Research Institute and our teams also participate in various national & global conferences for demonstrating live surgeries & lectures.
At FMRI, we are set to provide state-of-the-art surgical services for patients with disorders of digestive, liver, pancreato-biliary systems and to facilitate training & research in the field of digestive & Hepatobiliary science.
The healthcare institute encompasses academic initiatives, technical progress and latest research to outspread the Minimal Access Advantage to every needy patient who is desirous of its technical and physiological benefits. It is the favoured destination of every morbidly obese person seeking a solution, since surgeons here are skilled in the use of multiple stomach surgery techniques such as Laparoscopic Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Surgery and Mini Gastric Bypass.
- State-of-the-art Instrumentation – CUSA
- Video Gastro-Endoscope System-Olympus 180 series NBI
- Cell Saver with platelets scavenging, TEG, APC, Lidco Rapid, Level – 1 fluid infuser
- Multi-organ Transplant ICU
- Separate hepafilters and AHU’s to minimize the risk of infection & cross-infection
- 24X7 Transfusion Medicine and Laboratory Medicine facilities
- Most modern modular and integrated OTs dedicated to Transplant surgery