A first of its kind, Mamma Mia Maternity Services at Fortis Memorial Research Institute is a unique concept which aspires to deliver full-fledged support to women during pregnancy and baby’s birth. The program encompasses information, fitness and wellness solutions in the Fortis Hospitals. We complement doctors by providing holistic services for pregnant and postnatal moms; creating at Fortis, full service solutions for to-be and new moms. We provide information on pregnancy, labour, breastfeeding, baby care and even support fathers to understand how they can be involved. All sessions are conducted by internationally certified specialists - Childbirth Educators, Lamaze professionals, Doulas and Lactation counsellors.
We hand hold you through the entire phase; right from when you decide to have a baby to finding out that you’re pregnant, to your baby’s birth till when your little one is 3 years old. At the Department, we endeavour to make each pregnancy delightful as you decide to bring a new life to this world.
We have trained professionals that support you during pregnancy and birth. Our Yoga and Fitness experts take an individualised approach to every pregnancy and suggest the best yoga and physical exercises to ensure the best outcomes. This helps pregnant women help with weight management, body strengthening and breathe work to encourage an easier pregnancy, labour and birth. We also have Prenatal and Postnatal Massage Therapists who work with tailor made essential oils and specific strokes to provide symptom relief during and after pregnancy. Our certified Childbirth educators empower you with the latest evidence based knowledge and help you prepare for labour, birth, baby care, breastfeeding and parenting.
Services available in OPD include
- Lamaze or Antenatal class- The classes covers everything about pregnancy, signs and symptoms of labour, role of partner, active birthing positions, possible interventions etc.
- Breastfeeding support- Learn about the benefits of breastfeeding, optimal positioning and overcoming the challenges that moms and babies may come across.
- Pre and Postnatal Fitness- Through exercise maintain perinatal wellbeing and prepare your body for the process of labour and birth. Exercise is beneficial for the process of strengthening and toning as well as weight management post pregnancy.
- Pre and Postnatal Yoga- Yoga provides a relaxed and nurturing atmosphere where you can enhance the bonding process with your baby while supporting the development and strengthening of your body, mind, and spirit during and after pregnancy.
- Prenatal Massage -Try out pregnancy massage if you are feeling tired, emotionally or physically; are being distressed by nagging pregnancy symptoms like nausea, heartburn, backache etc.
- Postnatal weight loss massage- A postpartum massage that relaxes rejuvenates and promotes weight-loss for Moms who want to relax and lose weight post pregnancy at the same time.
- New Born care/Toddler care workshop- We talk about baby bath, settling and sleeping, diapers and nappies, potty training, weaning and toddler tantrums - depending on which session you sign up for!
- Baby Massage workshop- Our baby massage class teaches you the proper strokes to stretch your baby’s limbs out, relief colic pain and most importantly make them feel loved.
- Pregnancy for Dad- Gearing up dads-to-be in an interactive class for nappy changing, swaddling, putting to bed, feeding and also dealing with all the changes that this little one brings to their lives.
- Holistic fertility counselling – Massage, Reiki, Pranic healing, Reflexology and NLP therapy techniques used for women who have unexplained fertility challenges.
- Reflexology treatment – for pampering, natural induction encouragement and symptomatic relief in pregnancy, why not try a reflexology treatment?
Services which we provide in IPD
- Doula services (Labour support) – A Doula is a labour support person who provides you informational, physical and emotional support during labour and birth.
- Obstetric Physiotherapy
- Lactation/Breastfeeding support
For more information about the program, visit our dedicated website: http://mammamia.fortishealthcare.com/