The Department of Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgery at FMRI specialised in the diagnosis and treatment of the entire gamut of benign and malignant surgeries related to liver, pancreas, gallbladder, and bile ducts. Our professional team of surgeons is adept at performing complex operations of the liver, pancreas, bile-duct and gallbladder.
Our surgical team is conferred with the great skills necessary for both conventional open and modern laparoscopic surgery, with remarkable experience in liver resections, operations for gallbladder & bile duct cancer, and surgical management of pancreatic diseases including pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer. Fortis Memorial Research Institute is a tertiary level referral centre and hence, the department regularly and efficiently manages complicated cases.
On technology front, the Department has integrated operating suites and ultra-modern intensive care units that ensure superlative degree of patient care in a supportive environment. Our Members of the division are increasingly involved in performing liver transplantation operations and are experienced in all related aspects of transplantation such as deceased donor and living donor liver transplants.
Our program has a long standing tradition of treating end-stage liver disease and portal hypertension, and providing the full continuum of lifesaving care involved in liver transplantation. Our multidisciplinary team of liver transplant specialists is comprised of liver transplant surgeons, transplant hepatologists, gastroenterologists, anaesthesiologists, pathologists, radiologists, nurses, and others who are experienced in treating liver failure. Our objective is to provide our patients with the unsurpassed care you expect from Emory
- Liver cysts
- Liver cirrhosis
- Hydatid cyst
- Liver trauma
- Hepatocellular cancer
- Metastatic colorectal cancer
- Metastatic neuroendocrine tumours
- Hepatic venous outflow tract obstruction
- Gall bladder
- Gall stones
- Carcinoma Gall Bladder
- Xanthogranulomatous cholecystitis
- Bile ducts
- Biliary atresia
- Post cholecystectomy bile duct injuries
- Biliary stricture
- Bile duct cancers
- Bile duct stones
- Recurrent pyogenic cholangitis
- Choledochal cysts
- Portal Biliopathy
- Acute pancreatitis and its complications
- Chronic pancreatitis and its complications
- Pancreatic cancer
- Pancreatic pseudo cyst
- Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumours (NETs)
- Pancreatic trauma
- Pancreatic ascites and pleural effusion
- Portal hypertension: Portosystemic shunt surgery for extrahepatic portovenous obstruction and non-cirrhotic portal fibrosis
- Visceral artery aneurysms and pseudo-aneurysms
The Liver Transplant and Hepato-Pancreato Biliary Surgery Department is nation’s leading state-of-the-art facility with the most sophisticated equipment and the advanced infrastructure. The division boasts of the superb and most well equipped Liver Transplant ICU in the country with a separate AHU for each bed, reducing the risk of infection to the lowest.
Our departmental team is comprised of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists, Intensivists, Anaesthetists, Technicians, Counsellors and Specialised Nurses, who have years of experience in the management of Gastrointestinal, Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic diseases.
The division has a compassionate for managing Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis and its complications. The department also has a distinct interest in Managing Gall Bladder Cancers and have International Recognition in this field.
Our technologies include:
- Diverticua: Diverticulectomy
- Morbid Obesity: Sleeve Gastrectomy, Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass
- Proctology: LIS for Acute Anal Fissure, Fistulectomy/ Seton Placement for Fistulla in Ano
- RFTA for Liver Tumours, Metastases
- EHPVO/ NCPF: Proximal Splenorenal Shunt
- CBD Stone: Laparoscopic / Open CBD Exploration, Choledocodudenostomy
- Restrictive Procedures: Lap Gastric Banding, Lap Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Malabsorptive Procedures: Roux En Y Gastric Bypass