Our Department is the leader in providing major gynaecological oncology service for all women diagnosed with or suspected to have a gynaecological cancer with the goal to deliver the most advanced treatment while focusing on quality of life. The integrated programs of patient care, education and cancer prevention provide highest quality of care to these women.
The leading team of dedicated gynae onco surgeons have expertise in performing radical surgeries, minimal access Robotic surgery & fertility sparing surgery for gynaecological cancers.
The multidisciplinary team of Gynae oncologist, medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, oncopathologist & radiologist decide the treatment for these women with gynaecological cancer.
We treat an array of gynaecologic conditions
- Cervical cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Uterine (Endometrial Cancer)
- Fallopian tube cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Gynaecologic Sarcomas
- Gestational trophoblastic disease
- Management of the suspicious, ovarian /pelvic masses
- Preinvasive cervical, vaginal, vulvar diseases and Endometrial hyperplasia
- Familial ovarian cancer patients.
- Evaluation and treatment for patients at high genetic risk of gynaecological malignancies & their screening.
In addition we also provide:
- Cervical Cancer Screening
- Care of HPV (Human Papilloma Virus)
- Ovarian and endometrial cancer screening in high risk women
If you have been diagnosed with gynaecological cancer or have suspicion or recurrent cancer you need to be evaluated by the expert in Gynae Oncology!
Gynecological cancer treatment
In early cancer, surgery is the primary treatment in almost all gynecological cancers. Surgery is performed with the goal to remove tumor & determine the stage of the disease. Post-operative treatment of radiation therapy or chemotherapy / hormonal therapy is decided according to the cancer spread in order to offer the best survival as well as quality of life.
In advanced local disease or spread of the tumor beyond pelvis, patient will require treatment with pelvic radiation / chemotherapy or combined treatment for improved results. Each woman’s treatment is decided in the tumour board with multidisciplinary team.
- Radical surgeries for uterine , ovarian, cervical , vaginal and vulvar malignancies
- Minimally invasive & Robotic surgery for treatment of uterine cancer, cervical cancer, staging of gynaecological cancers and treatment of premalignant conditions.
- Fertility-sparing surgery for early –stage cancer in selected patients
- High risk evaluation and treatment including counseling for risk reduction & prophylactic oophorectomy /hysterectomy for women at increased genetic risk of gynecological malignancy.
- Evaluation & management of pre-malignant conditions of the vulva, vagina and cervix.
Robotic surgery is the advancement in the surgical techniques of gynaecological cancer management. It offers the advantage of minimal access with 8 mm key holes it is precise, there is minimal blood loss and pain, reduced hospital stay for a day or two, quick recovery and patient can resume work in about 7-10 days.
A glimpse of advanced robotic surgeries performed in Gynae Oncology at Fortis Memorial Research Institute