The Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatobiliary Sciences has been acknowledged as a leading centre for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to digestive tract and liver. With a dedicated team of Gastroenterologists and Hepatologists, supported by a steadfast team of experienced nurses and medical technologists, we aim to provide personalised, specialised, cost-effective and exemplary care for our patients. Moreover, we are continuously involved in persistent clinical research to stay in the forefront in the area of gastroenterology and Hepatobiliary sciences.
Our strengths reside in various notable areas such as viral hepatitis, liver cancer, functional bowel disease, and therapeutic endoscopy. We also pride ourselves as a tertiary referral centre for complex clinical cases and a research centre for patients, nurses, medical students and doctors in the principles and practice of digestive and liver diseases.
Some of our common services include:
- Endoscopies – Gastroscopy, Duodenoscopy & Enteroscopy
- Endoscopic Ultra Sound (EUS) including FNAC & Biopsies
- ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography)
- Capsule endoscopy
- Management of acute/life threatening conditions such as acute liver failure, GI bleed, acute pancreatitis, acute colitis, biliary sepsis etc.
- Therapeutic procedures such as Polypectomies, Variceal banding, Foreign body removal, GI stenting, Treatment of GI bleed, Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) tube placement, Endoscopic Mucosal Resection(EMR), Balloon dilatation of strictures and achalasia, and Biliary procedures such as gall stone removal & stenting of CBD
Descrying the need of increasing digestive disorders, the Department in Gurgaon provides holistic leading care of digestive system, gallbladder, stomach, small intestine, liver pancreas, biliary tract and colon. We blend the improved sub-specialty expertise with focus on prompt service delivery and quality.
The Department is backed by state of the art facilities including specialised operating theatre with laminar flow, highly advanced laparoscopes, latest equipment including Harmonic scalpel, Allen vessel sealer, Argon plasma coagulation, staplers etc. The centre has dedicated surgical ICU and emergency unit equipped with ventilators and intensive monitoring gadgets. Surgeons and intensivists are available round the clock.
The Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatobiliary Sciences at FMRI aims at offering comprehensive multi-disciplinary care of gastrointestinal liver, biliary and pancreatic disorders. The division combines together a multidisciplinary team of medical, surgical gastroenterologists surgeons in examining and treating various digestive disorders and integrate treatment of all the issues countered by an individual by linking with other specialities, all under one roof.
We personalise clinical packages as well as treatment plan to match every patient’s need. Expert guidance on diet and lifestyle changes is also given. Investigations and treatment facilities available include state-of-the-art flexible endoscopes for diagnostics and interventional procedures such as Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, ERCP and Narrow Band Imaging.
Our multidisciplinary approach towards patient care gives us a leading edge in the field.
Our technologies include:
- Endoscopi retrograde cholangio-pancreaticography (ERCP)
- Narrow Band Imaging
- Flexible Endoscopes
- Advanced Endoscopic Ultrasound Services (EUS)
- EUS guided FNAC
- Hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG)
- Trans-arterial chemo-embolization (TACE)
- Stem Cell Therapy
- HVPG guided beta-blocker response testing
- PA pressure testing