The department of cardiothoracic is committed to excellence in patient care, basic & clinical research on disease effecting our patients and training of next generation of cardiothoracic surgeon’s. Our primary goal is to provide our patients with customized best treatment options available in surgical care. We specialize in
Adult cardiac surgery
- Total arterial coronary artery bypass grafting
- Minimal invasive valvular heart surgery with valve repair
- Adult congenital heart surgery
- Heart failure surgery
- Complex aortic surgery
- Endovascular repair of thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, including video-assisted thoracoscopic (VATS) lobectomy for lung cancer and for resection of mesothelioma (extrapleural pneumonectomy)
- Surgical treatment of end-stage heart failure, including heart, lung, and heart-lung transplants and ventricular-assist devices
Our skilled cardiac surgeons work in close association with other disciplines (such as Cardiology, Pulmonary Medicine, Vascular Surgery, and Oncology) at the Institute to offer the best-in-industry multidisciplinary care.
Our physicians are experts in the analysis of basic molecular and physiologic principles underlying cardiac and thoracic diseases. Our working philosophy is team work, cooperation and communication.
We always understand the role of surgeons in any cardiac procedure and therefore we put immense focus patient’s safety and well-being. We collaborate with each other and the support services in the department to ensure that no problem is left forsaken.
Our cardiothoracic surgery unit at FMRI takes pride in the rich legacy of excellence in patient care and pioneering first that have made it one of the leading cardiac and thoracic programs in the country. We enjoy a long and distinguished legacy of basic research and we have carried out some of the most complex heart surgeries in the domain.
From your initial visit, you’ll come across a team of professionals who are committed to supporting all of your family’s medical, physical and emotional needs. Each step we take is concentrated on making your family’s experience as untroublesome as possible.
Our program's culture is based on innovation—of resolving complex problems that others haven't been able to solve, tackling the most complex cases, and devising ways to make the process easier on patients.
- TTK-Chitra valveTM and SPICTRATM Membrane oxygenator
- Latest Electrophysiology laboratory with 3D mapping facility
- Advanced Siemens patented HD PET CT
- State-of-Art Cardiac OT
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Lab
- ICCU with a 1:1 nurse to bed ratio