Cardiovascular diseases are among the leading causes of deaths worldwide and the Department of Cardiology at Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) emerges out as a pioneer in devising better ways for the diagnosis, treatment and the prevention of heart diseases. Our mission is to deliver high quality & compassionate care to patients with heart diseases, make newer discoveries that benefit patients and offer the best results in the field.
Our cardiac experts are always available to provide consultation and treatment for all aspects of cardiovascular care and prevention. We endeavour to provide swift, seamless referrals, and our advanced system allows for rapid communication of findings and follow-up. Our team of doctors specialises in cardiac by-pass surgery, minimally invasive cardiac surgery, interventional cardiology, and non-invasive cardiology. Department of cardiovascular sciences at Fortis Memorial Research Institute consists of best cardiologists in India, state-of-the-art technologies, world-class infrastructure and evidence driven professional cardiologists to provide all cardiovascular services under one roof for children, adults & elderly.
Moreover, we also provide ambulatory systems for emergencies along with non-invasive image processing, echocardiography, stress tests, cardiovascular CT’s and thallium heart mapping among many others.
The Department is dynamic & innovative, dedicated to excellence in research, education and clinical care. It gives people hope for a healthier and happier future by providing the best cardiac care to patients.
Focused on integrated patient care, our treatments span from standard non-invasive procedures such as hypertension to highly advanced invasive procedures such as heart transplantation, electrophysiology testing and pacemaker treatment, including biventricular pacemaker and ICD implantation.
The medical programme is driven by best Cardiac doctors in India, super-sub-specialists and speciality nurses, all committed to integrating their exceptional medical expertise, technology and innovation to offer best-in-class treatments.
Our services include:
- Neonatal & Paediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Heart Transplant
- Beating heart & Minimal Access CABG
- Pulmonary Endarterectomy
- Single and Double Lung Transplant
- Valve Repair and Replacement
- Complex Aortic Reconstruction and Aneurysm Repair
- Ventricular Assist Device and Surgery for Heart failure
- Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Biventricular Assist Device (BiVAD)
- Total Artificial Heart (TAH)
- Coronary Angiography in neonates, children and adults
- Angioplasty - Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA), including Complex PTCAs for Chronic Total Occlusions, Bifurcation Lesions, Calcific and Thrombus containing vessels, Saphenous Vein Grafts and Internal Mammary Artery Grafts in post CABG patients, and Left Main Stenosis. Expertise in adjunctive device use viz Coronary Stents, Rotational Atherectomy (Rotablation), Cutting Balloon, FFR, Intravascular Ultrasound, Thrombo-aspiration, and Distal Protection.
- Primary Angioplasty - Primary Angioplasties for Acute Myocardial Infarction (Heart Attacks).
- Stenting of critical lesions in neonates and children (PDA stenting, Coarctation Stenting, PA Stenting)
- Valvuloplasties (Adult and Paediatric) - Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty as well as Pulmonary,
Aortic and Tricuspid Valvuloplasties and Coarctoplasties
- Paediatric Balloon Atrial Septostomy/Septoplasty
- Coil Closure of PDA and Collateral Arteries in children
- Device Closure of Shunt Lesions (Adult and Paediatric): Atrial Septal Defect, Patent Ductus
- Arteriosus, Ventricular Septal Defect and AP Window Closure, and other interventions for Congenital Heart Disease, both in adult and paediatric patients. Expertise in handling difficult situations like Post Myocardial Infarction acquired VSD, Ruptured Sinus of Valsalva and Multiple Shunt Lesions.
- Pacemaker Implantation: A wide range of pacemakers are available for implantation
- AICDs and Biventricular Pacemakers (CRT-P) and Comb (CRT-D) Implantation
- Renal, Peripheral and Carotid Artery Angioplasty and Stenting: Routine and Complex Renal
- Artery Angioplasty, including Graft Renal Angioplasty and Interventions, Peripheral and Carotid Angioplasty with Embolic Protection.
- Miscellaneous: Septal Ablations (PTSMA) and Implantation of Permanent and Temporary Venous Filters
- Electrophysiology Study and Radiofrequency Ablation for Cardiac Arrhythmias
- 2D-ECH and Doppler
- Transoesophageal ECHO
- Neonatal & Paediatric Echocardiography
- 3D-Transoesophageal ECHO
- Foetal Cardiology & Echocardiography
- Stress ECHO
- 3D-ECH with volumetric analysis
- Dobutamine Stress ECHO
- Carotid Vertebral Doppler
- Renal Doppler
- Peripheral Arterial Doppler
- Peripheral Venous Doppler
- Ankle Brachial Index
- Ambulatory BP Monitoring
- Holter Recording
- Abdominal Aorta Scan
- Evaluation of heart murmurs
- Diagnosis and management of congenital heart defects
- Foetal cardiology
- Hypertension and obesity in children
- Pulmonary Hypertension clinic adult cardio section
- Acquired heart disease (eg Kawasaki Disease)
- Management of chest pain and syncope - adult cardio section
- Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterisation in neonates and children
- Device Closure of ASD, VSD, PDA, AP window etc.
- Pulmonary & Aortic Valvuloplasty
- Balloon Dilatation of Coarctation, Balloon Angioplasty
- Balloon Dilatation of Coarctation, Balloon Angioplasty
- Balloon Atrial Septostomy, Blade Atrial Septostomy
- Stenting of critical lesions in neonates and children (PDA, PA stenting)
- Heart Failure
- Paediatric Pulmonary Hypertension
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Pacemaker and Device
- Valve and Anticoagulation
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme
- Emergency room and ambulance services
- Emergency Heart Helpline
- Vascular Surgery
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Anaesthesia & Critical Care Medicine
- 24 hr Laboratory
- Nuclear Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Neurology and Neuro-intervention
- Preventive Health
- General Medicine
- Cardiac Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Dietetics and Nutrition
- Psychiatry and Psychological Counselling
- Transfusion Medicine
- Spa and group therapy
Our cardiology division is at the forefront of various amazing breakthroughs in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disorders. The unit continues to lead as diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to cardiovascular disease change intensely in the coming years.
- Non-invasive image processing
- Stress tests
- Cardiovascular CT’s
- Thallium heart mapping
- Advanced Cardiac Cath Labs
- Dedicated Cardiac Operation Theatres
- Fractional Flow Rate (FFR) for better diagnosis
- External Counter Pulsation (ECP) for Refractory Cardiac Failure patients
- Cardiac Electrophysiology for managing Cardiac Rhythm Abnormalities
- Vibrant Non Invasive Cardiology Programme with Stress Test, 2D Echo, 3D ECHO and 3D TEE Strain imaging, 64 Slice Dual Source CT scan for CT Coronary Angiography and a Nuclear Medicine Department