The Ophthalmology division for international patients at Fortis Memorial Research Institute treats and manages the full spectrum of eye disease, providing exemplary world-class eye care for everything from rom contact lens fitting to the most advanced refractive cataract surgeries and treatments for macular degeneration.
Our physicians and clinicians are ranked among the best in the world, specialising in diseases and conditions affecting the eye and maintaining visual health.
Our technology, as well as our patient-focused approach to treatment, is customised to the specific needs of each individual patient. Should you require intervention to treat your vision, we offer the highest level of comfort, minimally invasive techniques and state-of-the-art retinal laser treatments.
The Department of Ophthalmology in addition to performing all types of routine eye-care, specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of:
- All refractive problems (near-sightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism)
- Corneal diseases & surgeries
- Double vision and neuro-ophthalmologic disease
- Diabetic retinopathy & other retinal diseases
- Eyelid & orbital disease
- LASIK surgery
- Macular degeneration
- Squint Surgery – Minor – Surgery in local in Day-care
- Squint Surgery – Minor – Surgery under GA in day care
- 23 Gauge Vitrectomy
- ICL Implantation (standard) per eye
- ICL Implantation (toric) per eye
- Retinal Detachment - VR Surgery with silicon oil per eye
- Cornea Transplant