Dr. Vinod Raina
Dr. Vinod Raina is one of the India’s foremost Medical Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience in the field of Medical Oncology and Chemotherapy. A renowned powerhouse of knowledge and experience, Dr. Raina was at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (AIIMS) as Professor and Head of Medical Oncology. Dr. Vinod Raina has special expertise in Breast, Lung, Gastrointestinal, Urological, Gynaecological cancers, Lymphomas & Myelomas. Dr. Vinod Raina has also performed approximately 400 bone marrow/stem cell transplants for various cancers personally. He also brings tremendous research experience and was Principal Investigator of approximately 50 projects while at AIIMS for 24 years. Dr. Vinod Raina was also the Co-Founder of INDOX network. Nearly 70 residents & DM students whom he mentored at AIIMS are at leading positions in India and abroad.
Dr. Vinod Raina joined FMRI in 2013 as Director and Head of Medical Oncology and Haematology. He was promoted to Executive Director in the year 2017 and Chairperson of Oncosciences – Fortis Healthcare in January 2020.
- Faculty at IRCH, AIIMS, New Delhi 1990 – 2013 (24 years).
- Head, Department of Medical Oncology at IRCH, AIIMS, New Delhi (2007-2013).
- Professor, Department of Medical Oncology at IRCH, AIIMS, New Delhi (2001-2013).
- Head, Cancer Centre, Royal Hospital, Muscat, Oman (2001-2004).
- Clinical Research Fellow (Senior Registrar Level), Medical Oncology, Glasgow (UK) 1987-1990.
- Hon. Research Fellow of Oxford University for 5 years (2005-2010).
- Started and conducted DM course in Medical Oncology at AIIMS since 1996 and trained approximately 70 DM students, these students are holding consultant positions at important places in India and abroad.
- Guided 4 PhD students at AIIMS.
- Till now has personally performed approximately 400 bone marrow and stem cell transplants.
- Headed Delhi Cancer Registry at AIIMS for 5 years (2005-2010).
- Headed Record Section of IRCH at AIIMS for 4 years (2007-2011).
- Associate Editor of Annals of Oncology (2008-2011).
All adult cancers with special interest in Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, GI Malignancies, Genitourinary Cancer, Gynaecological malignancies, Lymphoma and Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplant.
- Dr. Vinod Raina adjudged best house physician in AIIMS, New Delhi in 1975.
- Dr. Vinod Raina has received many national and life time achievement awards.
- Dr. Vinod Raina was adjudged best consultant at FMRI in 2016.
- Principal Investigator of approximately 50 projects in AIIMS, the largest number.
- Received research funding from Oxford University, University of London, NCI-USA, DBT, ICMR and others during tenure at AIIMS. One of the largest recipients of research funding at AIIMS.
- Approximately 200 publications in Indian and International journals like Lancet, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Annals of Oncology B.J. Cancer etc.