Dr. Vinod Raina
Dr. Vinod Raina is one of the India’s Foremost Medical Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience in the field of Medical Oncology. Till 2013 he was Professor and Head of Medical Oncology at AIIMs. He has performed approximately 250 transplants personality and under his headship AIIMS performed largest number of transplants in India for various cancers from 2000 to 2013. He also brings tremendous research experience and was Principal Investigator of approximately 50 projects at AIIMSfor 24 years. He was also the Co-Founder of INDOX network. His main interests are Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, GI Malignancies, Genitourinary Cancer and Lymphoma.
Dr. Vinod Raina joined FMRI in the year 2013 as Director and Head of Medical Oncology and Haematology. He was promoted to Executive Director in the year 2017 and Chairperson of Oncosicences in the year 2020.
- Professor, Department of Medical Oncology at AIIMS (2001-2013).
- Head, Department of Medical Oncology at AIIMS (2007-2013).
- Head, Cancer Centre, Royal Hospital, Muscat, Oman 2 years and 4 months (2001-2004).
- Started and conducted DM course in Medical Oncology at AIIMS since 1996 and trained about 60 DM students, these students are holding consultant positions at important places in in India and abroad.
- Guided 3 PhD students at AIIMS.
- Transplant; Performed first high dose chemotherapy and peripheral blood stem cell transplant in India in 1994, till now have personally performed approximately 250 transplants including approximately 70 allotransplants for various cancers.
- Hon. Research Fellow of Oxford University for 5 years (2005-2010).
- Headed Delhi Cancer Registry at AIIMs for 5 years (2005-2010).
- Headed Record Section of IRCH at AIIMS for 3 years.
- Associate Editor of Annals of Oncology (2008-2011).
- Was adjudged a best consultant at FMRI in 2016.
All adult cancers with special interest in Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, GI Malignancies, Genitourinary Cancer, Lymphoma and Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplant.
- Has received many national and life time achievement awards.
- Principal Investigator of approximately 50 projects in AIIMs, the largest number.
- Received research funding from Oxford University, University of London, NCI-USA, DBT, ICMR and others during tenure at AIIMS.
- Approximately 200 publications in Indian and International journals like Lancet, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Annals of Oncology B.J. Cancer etc.