Dr. Vikas Taneja
Dr. Vikas Taneja is Incharge of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in the Department of Pediatrics. He carries with him vast experience in all aspects of pediatrics and pediatric critical care especially pediatric cardiac intensive care and pediatric sedations for short procedures. He is a certified PALS Instructor and PICU teacher, actively involved in practicing and promoting Pediatric Critical Care in the country. His areas of interest includes teaching pediatric critical care through simulation and working on PICU protocols. He has attended various national and international conferences and been the author of various papers in national and international journals.
- Senior Consultant Pediatric Intensivist, Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Formerly Senior Consultant & Head, Dept. of Pediatrics, Columbia Asia Hospital, Gurgaon
- Pediatric Intensivist, Max Balaji Hospital, Patparganj, New Delhi
- Pediatric Cardiac Intensivist, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi
- Member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics (Central IAP)
- Member of IAP Intensive Care Chapter
- Member of IAP Intensive Care Chapter Delhi Branch
- Member of Delhi State IAP
- Member of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Pediatric Sedation for short procedures
- Pediatric Ventilation – basic & advanced
- Critical care management of pediatric transplant patients
- Pediatric Critical Care learning through Simulation
- SIR JAMES FLETT GOLD MEDAL awarded for the Best Paper in Social Pediatrics at the 37th National Conference of IAP, held at Hyderabad, Jan 2000.
- Dr. CK Bhalla Award for the best resident in Pediatrics (2002)
- Best Paper in the Pediatric Critical Care Section awarded at the 10th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine, Held at Mumbai, Feb 2004.
- Certified PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) Instructor, since 2008
- Certified PICU Teacher of College of Pediatric Critical Care since 2013.
- Have published 15 papers in international and national journals
- Have written14 chapters for various text books
- Have presented 10 papers in various national conferences
- Have more than 100 citations