Dr. Vedant Kabra
Dr. Vedant Kabra is Principal Director of Surgical Oncology at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram. He received Surgical Oncology training from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai & National Cancer Centre, Singapore. Dr. Kabra has experience of over 12000 cancer surgeries and has successfully performed various complex oncosurgical procedures including Robotic Surgery for Cancer. He has been a faculty at various international and national conferences, has numerous papers and three book chapters to his credit apart from various awards for academic excellence.
Dr. Kabra is passionate about spreading cancer awareness through regular health talks, awareness drives and self examination camps. He is also spearheading the tobacco cessation movement - Voice of Tobacco Victims (VoTV) in Gurugram and Haryana.
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- National Cancer Centre, Singapore
- Max Superspecialty Hospitals, New Delhi
- Manipal Hospital, New Delhi
- Life Member – Indian Society of Oncology.
- Life Member – Association of Surgeons of India.
- Life Member – National Academy of Medical Sciences, India.
- Life Member – Indian Association of Surgical Oncology.
- Member – Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
- Life Member – Indian Medical Association
- Life Member – Association of Breast Surgeons of India
- Fellow of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons
- University Gold Medal (BHU) for standing first in Final MBBS Examination
- Best Undergraduate Student of Surgery in Uttar Pradesh (1995-96). UP chapter of Association of Surgeons of India
- Best Resident of Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University (1997-98)
- Best Research Paper Award in Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India at Ahmedabad, December 25-30, 1998.
- Second Best Poster Award in Annual Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Oncology at Lucknow, September 19-21, 2003
- Has been a tutor for MCh course in Breast Oncoplasty offered by University of East Anglia, UK
- Breast cancer surgery including breast conservation and oncoplasty
- Robotic Surgery for Cancer
- Gastro-intestinal and Gynecologic cancer
- Head & Neck Cancer, Thoracic cancers, Bone and Soft tissue cancers
- 12 National & International Publications
- 4 Book Chapters