Dr. Utkarsh Bhagat
- Consultant , Neurosurgery at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram from April 2017 - Present
- Associate Consultant, Neurosurgery at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram from April 2014 - April 2017
- Associate Consultant, Neurosurgery at Max Superspecialty Hospital, Patparganj, New Delhi from December 2013 - April 2014
- Gastarzt, Neurochirurgie at International Neuroscience Institute (INI), Hannover, Germany October 2013 - November 2013 - Skull Base Microneurosurgery training
- Gastarzt, Neurochirurgie at Krankenhaus der BarmherzigenBrüder, Trier, Germany June 2013 - August 2013 - Endoscopic Neurosurgery fellowship
- Associate Consultant, Neurosurgery at Max Superspecialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi from March 2013 - September 2013
- Chief Resident, Neurosurgery, AIIMS, New Delhi from Jan 2012 - Dec 2012
- Associate member of Neurological Society of India (NSI)
- Life member of Neurotrauma Society of India (NTSI)
- Life member of Indian Society of Acute Trauma and Critical care (ISTAC)
Proficient in managing neurosurgical patients with special interest in skull base microneurosurgery, endoscopic neurosurgery, instrumented spinal fusions and minimal access cranial and spinal neurosurgery.
Awards and Honours:
- For dissertation, retrospectively analyzed AIIMS 10 years data on 1) Craniovertebral junction anomalies and 2) Petroclivalmeningiomas.Participated in various conferences, workshops and CME.
- Performed/assisted in over 3000 major surgeries until now across the wide realm of neurosurgical specialty including skull base, spinal instrumentation, vascular, endoscopic, trauma, epilepsy and functional neurosurgery.
Research Experience :
- An appraisal of surgical approaches in the management of petroclivalmeningiomas and shifting paradigms: 10 years experience at a tertiary care centre.
- A comprehensive review of the spectrum of craniovertebral junction anomalies: clinco-radiological profile, surgical management and outcomes: 10 years experience at AIIMS.
- Evaluation of molecular alterations in petroclivalmeningiomas and their correlation with extent of tumor resection. Feb 2012. Journal of Neurological Surgery – Skull base.
- Evaluation of 1p and 14q status, MIB-1 labeling index and progestrone receptor immunoexpression in meningiomas: Adjunct to histopathological grading and predictors of aggressive behaviour. July 2014. Neurology India.
MBBS, M.Ch Neurosurgery (6 Years, AIIMS), Fellowship in Neuro-endoscopy/ Skull base Microneurosurgery( Germany) Main Speciality: Neurosurgery