Dr. Utkarsh Bhagat
Dr Utkarsh Bhagat is an experienced Consultant with a distinguished history of working in the high volume neurosurgical centres at the quaternary care hospitals in India & abroad. With a strong foundation training from the prestigious AIIMS, New Delhi, he went on to pursue superspeciality fellowships focussed on Neuro-endoscopy from Krankenhaus der Barmherzigen Brüder, Trier, Germany & Skull Base Microneurosurgery from International Neuroscience Institute (INI),Hannover, Germany . He is an accomplished surgeon with more than 3500 major neurosurgical procedures across the realm of skull base surgery, head and spinal trauma, endoscopic, stereotactic neurosurgery, instrumented spinal fusions and minimal access (transportal) cranial and spinal neurosurgery to his credit. His compassionate attitude towards patient care has won him their trust and appreciation. He has a keen interest in the emerging knowledge in the field and has participated in several national and international conferences and workshops.
Experience: 10+ years
- Consultant , Neurosurgery at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram from April 2017 - Present
- Associate Consultant, Neurosurgery at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram from April 2014 - April 2017
- Associate Consultant, Neurosurgery at Max Superspecialty Hospital, Patparganj, New Delhi from December 2013 - April 2014
- Gastarzt, Neurochirurgie at International Neuroscience Institute (INI), Hannover, Germany October 2013 - November 2013 - Skull Base Microneurosurgery training
- Gastarzt, Neurochirurgie at Krankenhaus der Barmherzigen Brüder, Trier, Germany June 2013 - August 2013 - Endoscopic Neurosurgery fellowship
- Associate Consultant, Neurosurgery at Max Superspecialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi from March 2013 - September 2013
- Chief Resident, Neurosurgery, AIIMS, New Delhi from Jan 2012 - Dec 2012
- World Spinal Column Society
- Associate member of Neurological Society of India (NSI)
- Life member of Neurotrauma Society of India (NTSI)
- Life member of Indian Society of Acute Trauma and Critical care (ISTAC)
Minimal access cranial and spinal neurosurgery, Instrumented spinal fusions, Skull base microneurosurgery, Endoscopic neurosurgery.
- For dissertation, retrospectively analyzed AIIMS 10 years data on 1) Craniovertebral junction anomalies and 2) Petroclival meningiomas. Participated in various conferences, workshops and CME.
- Performed/assisted in over 3000 major surgeries until now across the wide realm of neurosurgical specialty including skull base, spinal instrumentation, vascular, endoscopic, trauma, epilepsy and functional neurosurgery.
- An appraisal of surgical approaches in the management of petroclival meningiomas and shifting paradigms: 10 years experience at a tertiary care centre.
- A comprehensive review of the spectrum of craniovertebral junction anomalies: clinco-radiological profile, surgical management and outcomes: 10 years experience at AIIMS.
- Evaluation of molecular alterations in petroclival meningiomas and their correlation with extent of tumor resection. Feb 2012. Journal of Neurological Surgery – Skull base.
- Evaluation of 1p and 14q status, MIB-1 labeling index and progestrone receptor immunoexpression in meningiomas: Adjunct to histopathological grading and predictors of aggressive behaviour. July 2014. Neurology India.