Dr. Suneeta Mittal
Dr. Suneeta Mittal is a well-known name in the field of obstetrics & gynaecology. She has an experience of more than 42 years. Owing to her vast experience in the field, she is considered as one of the best gynaecologists in Delhi and Gurgaon.
Her expertise has been used by the government and agencies abroad. She was instrumental in drafting a guide of Emergency Contraception in India. She has issued National Guidelines for Medical Abortion in India and Rational use of Emergency Contraception. She has launched 12 by 12 Initiative for preventing Adolescent Anaemia with long term goal of making pregnancy safer. Dr Suneeta Mittal has done an Adaptation and Indianization of WHO Medical Eligibility Criteria Wheel and has developed Minimum Standards for Mother Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative with GOI & Unicef.
She is an astute clinician and surgeon par excellence getting referrals from all over the country as well from neighboring countries for all complicated cases and with advanced skills in minimal invasive endoscopic surgery.
Due to her expertise gathered over forty years, she is considered one of the leading specialists in gynaecology and pregnancy related problems, in Delhi and Gurgaon.
- Professor & Head, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Program Director, Post Partum Programme & Human Reproduction Research Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi for more than 10 years
- Director-in-Charge, WHO-CCR in Human Reproduction, AIIMS, New Delhi for more than 12 years
- Faculty at AIIMS for almost 30 years
- Initiated IVF facility and Art Centre at AIIMS
- Established Advanced endoscopy Training centre under Woman health Initiative at AIIMS
- Has worked as WHO short term consultant on Reproductive health issues for Government of DPRK, Mongolia & Fiji Islands and UNFPA consultant for Mongolia & Fiji Islands
- Regional Editor – WHO Reproductive Health Library, WHO, Geneva and on editorial board of several scientific journals
- Member of all important National & International Professional Socieites.
- Vice-President – Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecological Societies of India
- President – Association of Obstetricians & Gynecologists of Delhi, 2007-2008
- Consultant / Expert - Ministry of Health & Family welfare, World Bank, UNFPA, WHO, SIDA, ICMR & NIHFW for RCH Programme
- Member - FOGSI Committee on Reproductive Endocrinology and Committee on Research
- Chairperson – North Zone – Indian Society of Perinatology & Reproductive Biology -2002=2007
- Vice President - Indian Society for the Study of Reproduction & Fertility & Indian Society of Perinatology & Reproductive Biology
- President, Delhi Branch, National association for reproductive & chld Health India
- President, LHMC Alumni Association 2010 - 2013
- India Co-ordinator, Global Network for Perinatal & Reproductive Health
- India Co-ordinator, Asia Pacific Network for Promotion of Emergency Contraception
- Chairperson, ARC Task force for expanding contraceptive choices
- Chairperson, Medical Equipment & Hospital Planning Division Council (MHD3) of Bureau of Indian Standards and represpnting india as Team Leader at ISO-157-TC .
- Chairperson, Project Review Group on Reproductive Health of ICMR.
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Family Welfare & Contraception
- Infertility & Reproductive Endocrinology
- Medical Education Technology
- Human Reproduction Research
- 3 Gold Medal & 8 prizes during MBBS
- Several Gold Medals & Oration throughout
- Several best paper awards in conferences & journals, including 4 times best paper annual award by International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Distinguished Medical Service Award, DMA, 1997
- Dr V V Puri Award, Family Planning Association of India, 2004
- Labhsetwar Trust Award for Outstanding Contribution to Population Control in India, 2006
- 1st `Swastha Bharat Samman – 2010’ organized by the Zee News/LIC
- Rajasthan Ratnakar Award, 2011, Annual Award for meritorious doctor
- Profiles in The Lancet as the “Woman doctor of the year, 2011
- Life time achievement award, LHMC Alumni Association, Centenary year, 2016
- Life time Achievement Award, ISSRF, 2016
- Participated in 66 International & National Research Trials
- Research Publications – International – 197, National – 182, Abstracts published – 107,
- Articles Published – 56, Books -14, Book Chapters-37, WHO Monograms -10
- Thesis supervised for MD/PhD -81
- Citations – 3587 in indexed journals
- Currently conducting International multicentre trial at FMRI
Monday: 10:00-13:00, 14:00-17:00
Wednesday: 10:00-13:00, 14:00-17:00
Thursday: 10:00-13:00, 14:00-17:00
Saturday: 10:00-13:00, 14:00-17:00