Dr. Subhash Jangid
Dr. Subhash Jangid is currently working as Director and Unit Head, Bone and Joint Institute at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon. His primary work comprises of the knee, hip, and shoulder joints related surgeries including replacement. He has a vast experience of more than 20 years in the field of Orthopaedics. He is now a known faculty in the field of Arthroplasty/Joint Replacement in India and abroad. He is also a faculty for AO trauma courses. He has a special interest in peri-articular trauma.
He is the first surgeon in India, who introduced NAV 3 computer navigation for knee replacement surgery. He is one of the most experienced joint replacement surgeons in the computer navigation technique in the world. This technique gives better results to the patients and the recovery is faster as compared to the conventional technique. The technique increases the accuracy of the surgery and the patient feels more like a natural knee after surgery. The soft tissue dissection is also very minimal and it is truly a minimally invasive surgery with almost painless recovery.
Dr. Subhash Jangid is also trained in Partial knee replacement surgery. Many advanced knee osteoarthritic patients have all ligaments intact and the disease is limited to one compartment of the knee. These are the right candidates for partial knee replacement. He has performed more than 6500 successful joint replacement surgeries till date. He is actively involved in research and academics with many multinational surgical companies.
Dr. Subhash is actively involved in clinical care with quality, resident training, education of medical students and continuing medical education.
- Director, Orthopaedics and Joint Reconstruction, Fortis Memorial research Institute, Gurgaon
- Head, Orthopaedics and Joint Reconstruction, Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Head, Joint Reconstruction, Fortis Shalimar Bagh, Delhi
- Senior Consultant, Joint Reconstruction, Primus Hospital, New
- Assistant Professor, Orthopaedics, SN Medical College, Jodhpur
- Life Member of the Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Life Member of the Indian Society of Hip and Knee surgeons
- Life Member of Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society
- Life Member of DOA, BOS, ROSA, GOS, FOSMI, NAMS
- Life Member of ISKSAA
- AO Trauma member
- Indian Federation of Sports Medicine
- Computer Navigated knee replacement.
- Partial knee replacement
- Primary hip replacement
- Revision hip and Knee replacement
- ACL/PCL reconstruction
- Meniscus repair surgery
- Surgery for shoulder dislocation
- Rotator cuff surgery
- Stem cell treatment
- Acetabulum and Pelvic trauma
- Complex limb trauma
- Old failed trauma fixation/Mal unions/ Non unions etc.
- Academic in-charge for Cadaver workshop for knee and hip by Stryker (Twice a year).
- Scientific secretary, ISKSAA Global summit 2016
- Scientific content Reviewer for JAJS journal, Arthroplasty section.
- Visiting Faculty at Nnamdi Medical University, Nneuwi, Nigeria.
- NAV 3 Computer navigation was launched for the first time in India, Gurgaon 2013
- Best Free paper award in APOA 2012(Golden Jubilee conference of Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association)
- First prize in the case presentation category: ABC of Talus (Delhi, 2005, DOACON)
- A A Mehta Gold medal for Best Paper on PVP at IOACON (Agra, 2004, December)
- Selected in Merit list of class 10th and 12th and awarded scholarships.
- All India rank 3rd in AIPGME conducted by AIIMS in 1999.
- Best outgoing PG student from AIIMS in 2002.
- He has many publications in National & International journals to his credit.
- He has been a speaker in many National /International Conferences
- Reviewer for Journal of Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery (JAJS) by Elsevier