Dr. Saurabh Pokhariyal
Having been in active Nephrology and Transplant Medicine for over 19 years, Dr. Saurabh Pokhariyal has established himself to be among the foremost Nephrologists in India. Over the last 11 years, he has been instrumental in setting up the Department of Nephrology & Renal Transplant Medicine, including the Dialysis Unit, at leading hospitals in Delhi NCR, including Medanta – The Medicity and Fortis Healthcare – Fortis Vasant Kunj and more recently, at Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI), Gurgaon.
A graduate of Kanpur Medical College, Dr. Pokhariyal did his Nephrology training from Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow and subsequently spent one year as an Assistant Professor of Nephrology at the Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences in Hyderabad. Following this, he did a much-coveted three-year fellowship in Nephrology and Renal Transplant at the prestigious University of Toronto in Canada.
While his expertise in Nephrology and Renal Transplant Medicine covers the breadth of the speciality, Dr Pokhariyal has a keen interest in critical care nephrology and in doing ABO-incompatible transplants, to the extent that FMRI is the only centre that handles such cases routinely. He has also worked extensively with Primary Glomerular Diseases.
Currently, he is the Director and Head of Department for Nephrology & Renal Transplant Medicine at FMRI, Gurgaon. His team, comprising highly qualified and experienced nephrologists, technicians and nurses, offers comprehensive renal care to patients. His forthright conduct and gentle bed-side manner makes him a favourite with patients and attendants alike.
In his spare time, he is a passionate trekker with an unspoken love for the mountains, an avid reader and a keen photographer.
- Assistant Professor (Nephrology) – Nizams Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad March 2001 – Jan 2002
- Associate Consultant (Nephrology) – Apollo Hospital New Delhi. July 2005 – Feb 2006
- Consultant in Nephrology, Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj Feb 2006 – Feb 2010
- Senior Consultant, Nephrology, Medanta the Medicity Feb 2010 – June 2012
- Associate Director, Nephrology, Medanta the Medicity June 2012 – July 2013
- Member of Indian Society of Nephrology
- Renal Transplantation including ABO incompatible transplants
- Primary glomerular diseases
- Critical care Nephrology
- Several articles and chapters published in various national / international journals and books.
Monday: 8:00-10:00, 12:00-16:30
Wednesday: 8:00-10:00, 12:00-16:30
Friday: 8:00-10:00, 12:00-16:30
Saturday: 8:00-10:00, 12:00-16:30