Dr. Neha Gupta
Dr Neha Gupta has a rich and global experience in internal medicine & infectious diseases since 2008. Dr Gupta is an internal medicine physician who has graduated as an Infectious Diseases specialist from the first batch of infectious diseases qualified in India.
Dr Gupta has received Healthcare Award in 2016 from the Director General Health Services of India & Government of India for promoting health and wellness. She has received Dr B C Mehta award for her work in Infective Endocarditis from Association of Physicians of India in 2018.
She has expertise in dealing with common infections like COVID-19 and its sequalae, malaria, dengue, enteric /typhoid fever, leptospirosis, rickettsioses, scrub typhus. She is expert in tuberculosis (TB) in lung and other parts of body (Like lymph node, bone & joints, brain, abdomen, heart) and Drug-resistant TB.
She is an expert in HIV and sexually transmitted diseases also has certificate of achievement from John Hopkin’s University USA. She also manages persistent vulvo-vaginal candidiasis and herpes infections.
Dr Gupta has decades of experience in managing urine infections, skin & soft-tissue infections, bone and joint infections, prosthesis and implant-related infections, infections following accident/ trauma, management of infections in cancer patients, solid-organ and bone-marrow transplant recipients, infections obstetrics and gynecology and critically ill patients.
Dr Gupta has expertise in managing fungal infections (like Mucormycosis, aspergillosis, candida and others), worms and parasitic infections. For prevention of infections, Dr Gupta advices on vaccination in adults and also prior to travelling.
Dr Gupta has experience in managing infections due to multi-drug resistant organisms (Gram-positive like staphylococcal, enterococcal & Gram-negative infections eg E.coli, Klebsiella, Pseudomonas, Acinetobacter spp).
She has authored national guidelines for antibiotics and antifungal drugs, infective endocarditis, c-difficle diarrhoea in ICMR 2019 treatment guidelines for antimicrobial use in common syndromes. She has been a faculty for ICMR CDC “antimicrobial stewardship workshops” in Sir Gangaram Hospital, Delhi and TATA Memorial Hopsital, Kolkata
She has made significant contributions in drafting policies related to animal bites, vaccination, antibiotic protocol and antimicrobial administration in P. D. Hinduja National Hospital, Mumbai & Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon.
Dr Gupta has rich experience in academics and research and has many book chapters, publications in prestigious journals & poster presentation in national & international conferences (IDSA & ESCMID). She is also invited as a regular faculty at various national Infectious Diseases Conferences (Eg, CIDSCON), neurology, and critical care conferences.
- Fever including COVID-19 & its sequalae, dengue, malaria, typhoid, viral fever & other common infections
- HIV and sexually transmitted diseases
- Tuberculosis & Drug –Resistant TB
- Fever of unknown origin & long duration
- Bone & Joint Infections
- Implant-related infections
- Infections in patients with Transplant (Kidney, Liver, Heart & Bone marrow transplant recipients)
- Infections in Oncology & immunocompromised hosts
- Infections in critically ill patients
- Travel Medicine
- Adult Vaccination for prevention of Infections
- Antibiotic Stewardship
- Hospital acquired Infections
- Infection Control
- Working in Medanta – The Medicity since 2013
- Working in Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram since April 2019
- Worked in P. D. Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai for 5 years (2008-2013)
- ID Observership, Department of Infectious Diseases, CMC Vellore (2011)
- ID Observership, Detroit Medical Centre, Wayne State, Detroit, USA (2012)
- Certificate of Achievement - John Hopkin’s University USA & HIVMAI (2015)
- 2019: Shortlisted for the INDO ARAB LEADERS SUMMIT & AWARDS in association with Aajtak International and India Today
- 2016: 2nd Prize in HIV Congress 2016, Goa
- 2013: 1st Prize for “Skin & Soft tissue infections”, CIDSCON 2016, Mumbai (Co-author)
- 2012: Travel Award (European Confederation of Medical Mycology), SIHAM
- 2011: 1st Prize for “Changing Face of Infective Endocarditis”, CIDSCON, Hyderabad
- 2011: Travel grant for CIDSCON, Hyderabad
- 2006: Finalists in 1ST M.P. NEUROQUIZ, MGM Indore