Dr. Mukesh Patekar
Dr Mukesh Patekar is a medical oncologist with more than 9 year experience in the field of Medical Oncology. He has expertise in treating solid tissue malignancies, haematological malignancies, stem cell transplant as well as paediatric malignancies. He is well versed in the administration of chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy and palliative care. After securing a degree in Internal Medicine followed by Medical Oncology from country’s premier institute AIIMS, New Delhi, he has published multiple papers in international as well as national journals besides presentations in various conferences. He is a member of the American Society of Medical Oncology (ASCO) and the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO).
- Fortis Hospitals Limited as Consultant from 1st August to present
- Fortis Hospitals Limited as an Associate consultant from January 2019 to July 2019
- Senior Resident (DM Medical Oncology; AIIMS) Jan. 2016 to Dec.2018
- Senior resident (Non-acad. Medical Oncology, AIIMS) Feb 2013 to Dec. 2015
- Senior resident (Medicine, AIIMS New Delhi) Feb. 2012 to Jan. 2013
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Indian Society of Medical and Paediatric Oncology (ISMPO)
- European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Cancer immunotherapy
- Breast cancer
- GI malignancies
- Lung cancer
- Multiple myeloma, Lymphoma, Leukaemia
- Paediatric solid tumor
- Stem cell transplant
- Pain and palliative care
- ESMO certified Medical Oncologist
- Won Oncology Quiz conducted during ‘ABSICON 2018’
- 1st Runner up BEST ONCOLOGY INSTITUTE QUIZ COMPETITION, ICON 2018 at Kochi
- Distinction in Biochemistry, pharmacology, microbiology, medicine during MBBS professional examination.
- Patekar M, Sahoo R, Adhikari N, Raina V, Kumar L, et al. Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma in India: A 17-year Experience from AIIMS. J Glob Oncol. 2019 Feb;5:1-9. DOI: 10.1200/JGO.18.00124.
- Patekar M, Gogia A, Tiwari A, Kumar L, Sharma A, Mallick SR, et al. Adult Burkitt lymphoma: An institutional experience with a uniform chemotherapy protocol. South Asian J Cancer. 2018 Jul 1;7(3):195.
- Batra A, Patekar M, Bakhshi S. Short stature in Retinoblastoma. Clin Transl Oncol.2016 Apr;18(4):381-4. DOI: 10.1007/s12094-015-1380-1.
- Batra A, Kumari M, Paul R, Patekar M, Dhawan D, Bakhshi S, Quality of life in retinoblastoma: A cross-sectional study from India. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2016 Feb;63(2):313-7. DOI: 10.1002/pbc.25781
- Kumar L, Boya RR, Pai R, Harish P, Mookerjee A, Sainath B, Patekar MB, Sahoo RK, Malik PS, Sharma OD, Gupta R. Autologous stem cell transplantation for multiple myeloma: Long-term results. Natl Med J India. 2016 Jul-Aug;29(4):192-199.
ABSTRACTS IN INDEXED JOURNALS:
- Patekar M, Kumar L, Sharma A, Gupta R, Vishnubhatla S, Naik RD, et al. Prospective evaluation of minimal residual disease in multiple myeloma following autologous stem cell transplantation(ASCT) and consolidation therapy. J Clin Oncol. 2018 May 20;36(15_suppl):e20033–e20033.
- Naik RD, Kumar L, Mittal A, Gupta VG, Patekar M, Malik PS, et al. Outcome of multiple myeloma patients with renal failure: A retrospective study. J Clin Oncol. 2018 May 20;36(15_suppl):e20026–e20026
- Bakhshi S, Batra A, Kumari M, Paul R, Patekar M, Dhawan D. Parents’ Perspective Of Quality Of Life In Retinoblastoma Survivors: A Cross-Sectional Study Of 122 Patients. SIOP 2015 Scientific Programme + Index. Pediatr Blood Cancer, 62: S143–S418. DOI:10.1002/pbc.25715.
- Batra A, Thakar A, Patekar M, Bakhshi S. Long-term non-visual outcomes in retinoblastoma survivors (SIOP 2015, Capetown) SIOP 2015 Scientific Programme + Index. Pediatr Blood Cancer, 62: S143–S418. DOI:10.1002/pbc.25715
- Rakesh Reddy, Sameer Bakhshi, Atul Sharma, Ranjit Sahoo, Ajay Gogia, Prabhat Singh Malik, Sobuhi Iqbal, Sainath Bhethanabhotla, Mukesh Patekar, Mercy Thomas, and Lalit Kumar. Poor mobilization of peripheral blood stem cells (PBSC) in patients undergoing autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT): A prospective study. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2015 33:15_suppl, e18013-e18013.