Dr. Meenu Handa
Dr. Meenu Handa did her MBBS from Government Medical College, North Maharashtra University. She did her MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecologyfrom the prestigious B.J Medical College, Pune and has been the Gold medallist during her postgraduation. She then completed her D.N.B and secured Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine(FRM) in Coimbatore from the prestigious Tamil Nadu University. She has been an extremely bright student throughout her academic career obtaining gold medals in her Postgraduate and Fellowship period. She has obtained her FICOG (Fellow of Indian College of Obstetricians&Gynaecologists for her outstanding work in research and for her academic contributions in various books. She is also the recipient of the Wonder FOGSIAN Award in 2019 by the Federation of Obstetrics &Gynaecology. Dr. Meenu Handa has also been awarded 1st prize for her research work on Azoospermia patients in North Zone YUVA FOGSI 2019. She is also the recipient of the prestigious Dr. C.S Dawn Award for her research work on Fertility preservation in the annual conference of FOGSI in Jan 2020.
Dr Meenu Handa is also a well-known academician and holds training courses for junior doctors in Infertility across India. She is a recognized trainer for FOGSI certified Basic & Advanced Trainer Infertility Courses. She is also the trainer for ASPIRE(Asia Pacific Initiative on Reproduction) courses as Unit Head of Fortis Bloom IVF Center, FMRI, Gurgaon. She contributes actively as Joint Secretary Haryana Association of Gynae endoscopy (HAGE) and also holds the post of Treasurer Haryana Chapter of ISAR (Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction). She is also the current Editor of monthly newsletter of the Endocrinology committee of FOGSI 2020.
She specializes in the field of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) & Fertility issues in couples desirous of having a child. She has a vast field of knowledge and expertise in the management of infertile patients. She is known amongst her patients for her positive and caring attitude which is of utmost importance while dealing with infertility cases requiring tremendous emotional support. She is well versed with several IVF procedures such as oocyte retrievals and Embryo transfers along with managing the successful running of IVF Lab. She is well versed with all the third-party IVF options, fertility preservation surgeries, sperm retrieval surgeries, and ovarian rejuvenation techniques. She is also well trained for other gynecological procedures like Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. She has worked in several prestigious institutes and obtained the required skills and patient care.
- Associate consultant National Institute of Laser and Endoscopy Surgery, Mumbai (2008-2009)
- Associate consultant at Sri Ramakrishna Hospital Coimbatore (2010-2012)
- Senior consultant (OBGYn) at Women’s Hospital, Coimbatore (2012-2014)
- Associate consultant IVF & Fellow Reproductive Medicine, Women’s Hospital, Coimbatore 2014-2015.
- Unit Head & Senior IVF Consultant in Fortis Bloom IVF Center, Fortis Memorial Research Institute March 2015 till date.
- Permanent member of Federation of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (FOGSI).
- Permanent member of the Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction. (ISAR)
- Permanent member of Haryana Association of Gynae Endoscopy (HAGE)
- Permanent member of Haryana Association of Obstetricians &Gynaecologists (HarOBGYn)
- Permanent member of Gurgaon Obstetricians & Gynaecologists Society(GOGS).
- Treatment of repeated IVF failures, repeated pregnancy losses.
- Treatment of Low ovarian reserve, Endometriosis, PCOD, Tubal pathologies.
- Treatment of Azoospermia (NIL sperm count) and surgical sperm retrieval techniques.
- Fertility preservation surgeries and ovarian rejuvenation techniques.
- Tubal recannulation surgeries and correction of uterine pathologies.
- Gold medallist in M.S (OBGYn) examination 2008.
- First rank holder in Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine (FRM), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu University 2015.
- Wonder FOGSIAN Award 2019.
- 1st Prize (Best research paper award) in North Zone YUVA FOGSI 2019.
- Dr. C.S Dawn Award for clinical research paper in FOGSI 2020.
- Several publications in reputed International and Indian journals