Dr. Mayank Bansal
Dr. Mayank Bansal MD(AIIMS), FRCS(Glasg), eye surgeon from the premier medical institute of the country, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, where he was awarded with the Prem Prakash Trophy and was meritoriously awarded the first rank in Senior Residency.
Dr. Bansal has been conferred with the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) - Glasgow, UK and Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (MRCSEd).
He received international certification as an expert in ophthalmology by the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO), London, UK in 2013. In pursuit of cutting edge technology, he trained in Retina at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), USA in 2014. Thereby bringing world class surgical techniques with him. After returning, he joined back at AIIMS to further serve the Institute.
The All India Collegium of Ophthalmology has awarded him FAICO in Vitreo-Retinal Surgery. He has also been Visiting Physician, at the University of Iowa,USA.
He is an expert in treating the most common known blinding eye conditions -
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Age Related Macular Degeneration
- Retinal Detachment
- Vitreous Hemorrhage
- Retinal Vein Occlusion
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
Having had treated patients for over 10 years, Dr. Mayank Bansal, is an avid believer of compassionate care.
He has several publications in international and national journals, and book chapters to his credit. He is an active participant in academic conferences, with his presentations delivered in American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) and Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) Conferences.
Driven by discovering treatment for conditions for which no therapy exists, he is actively pursuing cutting edge therapy research for Retinitis Pigmentosa, using CRISPR genomic editing
- Senior Resident – All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS, DELHI) - (2013-2016)
- Associate Consultant Ophthalmology - Medanta-The Medicity (2016-18).
- Consultant Ophthalmology – Fortis Memorial Research Insitute (2018 – present)
- Member of the International Council of Ophthalmology
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeon of Edinbur
- Permanent member of All India Ophthalmological Society
- Permanent member of Vitreo-Retina Society of India
- Treatment of coronary artery disease, heart failure, heart blocks, cardiac arrhythmias, Hypertension.
- Coronary angiography, Angioplasty, Pacemaker/AICD insertion
- Peripheral interventions( carotid angioplasty/aortic stenting).
- Percutaneous aortic valve implantation (TAVR)
- LAAO closure
- IVUS/OCT Use
- Rank 1, Senior Residency AIIMS, Delhi
- Prof. Prem Prakash Trophy at AIIMS, Delhi
- Dalai Lama Grant and Award AIIMS, Delhi
- Fellow of the International Council of Ophthalmology (F.I.C.O.)
- Awarded International Council of Ophthalmology Fellowship in Vitreo-Retinal Surgery at Stein Eye Institute, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), USA under the mentorship of Dr. Steven D. Schwartz, Chief of Retina, UCLA, in 2014
- Fellow of All India Collegium of Ophthalmology (F.A.I.C.O.) - Vitreo-Retinal Surgery Awarded for Retina and Vitreous, by the All India Ophthalmological Society in Feb 2018
Bansal M. Commentary: Subthreshold micropulse yellow laser in diabetic macular edema. Indian J Ophthalmol2020;68:151-2. doi: 10.4103/ijo.IJO_1543_19 ;PMID: 31856494 ; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31856494
Lohchab M, Bansal M, Kumar M. Giant retinal tear and subretinal lens migration after complicated phacoemulsification.JCRS Online Case Reports, Volume 7, Issue 4, 53 - 54 DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcro.2019.09.001
Bansal M. Commentary on “Intravitreal dexamethasone implant for management of treatment-naïve retinal vein occlusion”. Indian J Ophthalmol 2018;66(7):1048-9; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6032742/
Book chapter: Bansal M, Markan A, Ravani R, Garg I, Kumar A. Chapter 10 Central Serous Chorioretinopathy in Retina: Medical and Surgical Management 2018 p.127-139
Book chapter: Kumar A, Bansal M, Ravani R, Chohan A. Chapter 11 Age Related Macular Degeneration in Retina: Medical and Surgical Management 2018 p.140-167
Book Chapter: Poddar R, Aggarwal V, Gogia V, Bansal M, Gupta S, Chawla R, Venkatesh P. Chapter 11 Avenues in Ophthalmic Optical Coherence Tomography in Medical Biotechnology. In: Microbial Biotechnology; CRC Press; 2016 p. 325–48; http://www.crcnetbase.com/doi/abs/10.1201/9781315367880-12
Sinha R, Bansal M, Sharma N, Tandon R, Dada T, Titiyal JS. Transscleral Suture-Fixated versus Intrascleral Haptic-Fixated Intraocular lens: A Comparative Study. Eye Contact Lens 2017 Nov;43(6):389-393; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27243351
Cham A, Bansal M, Banda HK et al. Secondary Glaucoma in CAPN5-associated Neovascular Inflammatory Vitreoretinopathy. Clin Ophthalmol. 2016 Jun 27;10:1187-97; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27390515
Kuehlewein L, Bansal M, Lenis TL, Iafe NA, Sadda SR, Bonini Filho MA, De Carlo TE, Waheed NK, Duker JS, Sarraf D. Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography of Type 1 Neovascularization in Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Am J Ophthalmol 2015; 160(4): 739–748; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26164826
Kumar A, Roy S, Bansal M et al; A modified approach in the management of sub macular haemorrhage secondary to wet age related macular degeneration in Indian population. Asia Pac J Ophthalmol (Phila). 2016 Mar-Apr; 5(2):143-6; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26302314