Dr. Manu Arora
Dr Manu Arora is a seasoned paediatric surgeon, with over two decades years of experience in Paediatric surgery, teaching, mentorship, leading hospitals & departments, academia having multiple published papers & articles to his name.
He completed his MBBS and MS from AFMC Pune. Thereafter he did his MCh in paediatric surgery from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, and has contributed in varying critical capacities and roles with the government tertiary care hospitals across the country. He has been working as a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon with an experience of managing the most complex of cases in Paediatric Surgery. These cases involved malignant tumours of kidney, liver and other regions of the body. In addition, he is a master in management of all congenital malformations which afflict newborn and older children. These include oesophageal atresia, and atresias of other regions of the bowel, meningomyelocele, hernias, hypospadias, undescended testis, Ano-rectal malformations, Hirschsprung Disease, and many others. In addition, he manages all surgical cases, in children, pertaining to Liver, gall bladder, bile ducts, spleen, intestines, appendix, urinary bladder, ureters, and kidney among others. He is also adept at performing laparoscopic surgeries, where indicated.
He was appointed the Head of Department of Paediatric Surgery during his stint at Army Hospital (Research & Referral) Delhi from Aug 2009 to July 2013 where he spearheaded a successful DNBE Programme in Paediatric Surgery. In addition, he has worked in leading institutes as AFMC and AIIMS in various capacities. Additionally, he has been an examiner for MBBS, Gen Surgery and Paediatric Surgery at various institutes, including being an examiner for Paediatric Surgery at AIIMS, New Delhi.
Through the course of the years, Dr Manu Arora has gained extensive experience and knowledge in leading & managing hospitals. He played a pivotal role in the running of two of the busiest hospitals of Armed Forces Medical Service in India, at Chandigarh and Delhi. His primary focus whilst running the institutions was to provide high quality, state of the art professional care to the clientele, and to enhance the teaching standards at these two undergraduate and postgraduate seats of learning. As a facilitator for medical care, he ensured the formulation and institutionalising of protocols in health care delivery at these centres. The Laboratory standards, the radiology and diagnostics evaluation, hospital infection control committee, biomedical waste management, the ethics committee, teaching schedules at various specialities, medical library, guest lectures, and clinical meetings among other endeavours received his special attention.
- Fortis Hospitals Limited as Empanelled Senior Consultant – Paediatric Surgery
- Senior Consultant (Paediatric Surgery), Prof (Surgery) & Commandant Base Hospital Delhi Cantt (2017 – 2018)
- Senior Consultant (Paediatric Surgery), Prof (Surgery) & Dy Commandant Command Hospital, Chandigarh (2013 – 2016)
- Professor & Head, Department of Paediatric Surgery, at Army Hospital (Research & Referral), New Delhi (2009-2013)
- Associate Professor in Paediatric Surgery at Pune & Kolkata (1999-2009)
- Member, Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons
- Member, Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
- Member, Indian Association of Paediatric Surgical Oncology
- Member, Indian Association of Paediatric Urology
- Executive committee member Delhi Chapter, IAPS
- Reviewer, Indian Journal of Paediatric Surgery
- Reviewer, Medical Journal Armed Forces India
- Member, American Association for Study of Liver Disease (AASLD).
- Surgery of Congenital Malformations of newborns as oesophageal atresia, atresias of other regions of the bowel, meningo-myelocele, hernias, hypospadias, undescended testis, ano-rectal malformations, hirschsprung disease.
- Paediatric Gastrointestinal Surgery including all surgical cases pertaining to Liver, gall bladder, bile ducts, spleen, intestines, and appendix.
- Paediatric Urology cases as those pertaining to urinary bladder, ureters, and kidney among others. These include Pelvi-ureteric junction obstruction, vesico-ureteric reflux, Neurogenic bladder, wilms tumour, hypospadias and undescended testis
- Paediatric Surgical Oncology which includes tumours of liver, kidney, stomach and intestines, teratomas, neuroblastomas and soft tissue tumours
- Paediatric laparoscopic surgery
- Awarded GOC-in-C’s commendation 2012
- Over 20 publications in International and Indian journals
- Chapters in various books
- Over 25 Paper presentations in International and National conferences
- ICMR project on congenital anomalies in newborn
- AFMRC projects on Paediatric ailments