Dr. Krishan Chugh
Dr. Krishan Chugh is one of Asia's finest Paediatricians. He is one of the first Indian Paediatricians to start working actively in the field of Paediatric Pulmonology and Allergy. He has an extensive experience in Paediatric and Neonatal Bronchoscopy. He is a pioneer in interventional bronchoscopy in children in India. He conducts an annual workshop on Paediatric Bronchoscopy at FMRI.
Dr. Chugh started the first Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) of the country at Kalawati Saran Children Hospital, Lady Harding Medical College, New Delhi in 1982. Later when he moved to Sir Ganga ram Hospital, New Delhi, He set up the first PICU in private sector in the country. Now he heads the PICU at FMRI. He is one of the best child specialist in Gurgaon and Delhi NCR region.
Dr. Chugh has a passion for teaching and training young paediatricians. He has trained a large number of paediatricians who now are successfully running PICUs in their respective cities and towns.
His views are highly sought after by the media also on subjects related to child health, including pollution, dengue, swine flu etc. As a recognition of this academic excellence he has been invited to be on Editorial Board of all the Journals in the fields of Paediatrics from India, including Indian Paediatrics, Indian Journal of Paediatrics. Indian Journal of Practical Paediatrics, Indian Journal of Trauma and Emergency Paediatric, Chest India, Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine and Journal of Paediatric Critical Care. He writes extensively for these scientific publications. He is one of the best paediatrician in Gurgaon.
He has been the Director of several workshops and courses in the field of Paediatric, Paediatric advance life Support (PALS), Paediatric Pulmonology and Paediatric Critical Care. He has been invited to deliver lectures and orations at various National and International Conferences. Presently he is the Dean of Indian College of Paediatrics and the Chancellor of College of Paediatric Critical Care. He has edited several books and contributed chapters to large numbers of other books.
- Director - Institute of Child Health and Chairman, Department of Pediatrics, Institute of Child Health, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
- Chairman of Pulmonology Chapter of Indian Academy of Pediatrics ( IAP)
- Founder Chairman/Convener of Critical Care Chapter of Indian Academy of Pediatrics.
- Executive Member and Vice President, Delhi Branch of Indian of Society of Critical care Medicine (ISCCM)
- President, ISCCM, Delhi Branch
- Chairman ,Paediatric Section ISCCM
- Executive member ,Indian college of Critical Care Medicine.
- President , Indian Academy of Paediatrics , Delhi Branch
- Executive Member ,Central IAP
- Vaccine Preventable Respiratory illnesses.
- Pollution related Respiratory Effects.
- Chancellor, College of Paediatric Critical Care.
- Dean, Indian College of Paediatrics.
- Numerous national and international publications and presentations to his credit.