Dr. Jayant Arora
Dr Jayant Arora started his Orthopaedic training from C.I.O Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi in 1997 and went to the UK for advanced training in the year 2001. Dr Jayant Arora has worked at some of the finest Orthopaedic centers in the UK for over 8 years.
Currently, he is Director and Head of Unit - Joint Replacement and Orthopaedics at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon.
Over the last 20 years, he has developed a keen interest in treating Knee Arthritis with Advanced Techniques and Arthroscopic Surgery for sports injuries. He has been a pioneer in bringing the latest Arthritis treatment techniques and technologies like Patient Specific Instrumentations, Minimally Invasive Knee Surgery, Partial Knee Replacement and Computer Navigated Knee Replacement to patients in Gurgaon and Delhi. His work is widely recognized and acclaimed throughout Delhi NCR and beyond.
Dr. Arora also has a special interest in research and he has published many articles in International Journals in the Field of Knee replacement surgery. He has performed more than 15000 surgical procedures over the last 20 years.
He is now passionately involved in training Orthopaedic surgeons in performing Total and Partial knee replacement surgeries and has participated as a teaching faculty on many such training courses.
Dr Jayant Arora also enjoys running and cycling in his leisure time and has completed many half and full marathons. He is currently preparing for LEL cycling event to be held in 2021.
- Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery at Columbia Asia Hospital, Gurgaon from 2008 to 2019
- Specialist in Orthopaedics (Knee and Hip replacement surgery and Arthroscopy) – Leeds, UK. (2007 to 2008)
- Clinical Research Fellowship in Joint replacement surgery from Newcastle, UK (2005 to 2006)
- Senior Registrar at Dumfries and Galloway Hospital, Scotland (2004).
- Woodend Hospital and Glasgow Royal Infirmary in Scotland for Primary and Revision (Re-do) Joint Replacement Surgery (2002 to 2003)
- General Medical Council (GMC) UK
- MRCS (Member of Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh) UK
- Medical Council of India
- Delhi Medical Council
- Haryana Medical Council
- Osteolysis in proximally cemented primary Freeman Samuelson Total Knee replacement. Arora J, AC Ogden. J Bone Joint Surg Br 2005 87-B: 1502-1506.
- Role of preoperative templating in primary total knee replacement. Arora J, Sharma S, Blyth M. Knee Surgery Sports Traumatology Arthroscopy 2005; 13(3): 187
- External fixation in intra-articular fractures of distal radius: is it sufficient? Arora J, Malik AC. Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery 2005; 125(8): 536-540.
- Trans-ulnar styloid volar scapholunate dislocation with median nerve injury Arora J. Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery 2005; 125: 120-123.
- Recurrent Osteoid Osteoma of lunate : A case report and review of the literature. Arora J, Mclauchlan J, Munro N. Hand Surgery 2003; 8: 239- 242.