Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri
Dr. (Prof) Gourdas Choudhuri, MD, DM, FACG, FICP, FAMS, FRCPI, is the HOD Director of Gastroenterology Hepatobiliary Sciences. He is a gastroenterologist, medical educator, researcher of national eminence, as well as a columnist and philanthropist. He trained from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He was the first to start Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) and Extra Corporeal Shockwave Biliary Lithotripsy in India (ESWL). Under his leadership, the department of Gastroenterology at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, developed into one of the top five in the country. Dr. Choudhuri has played a leadership role in developing liver and digestive healthcare in the country and has served on boards of several scientific bodies and journals. He has been the president of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology and is a revered teacher. He has over 200 scientific publications as well as several orations and awards to his credit. With over 30 years in the profession, Dr. Choudhuri brings vast experience and expertice in diagnosis and management of a wide range of liver and GI diseases. He is also a skilled endoscopist.
- Vice Chairman – Institute of Digestive & Hepatobiliary Sciences at Medanta, The Medicity, Gurgaon.
- Professor & Head - Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
- President of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Council member of International bodies
- World Gastroenterology Organization (WGO),
- Asia Pacific Association of Gastroenterology (APAGE)
- Coalition for Eradication of Viral Hepatitis from Asia Pacific (CEVHAP)
- Fellow of the World Health Organization (WHO) for Health Promotion.