Dr. Avnish Seth
Dr. Avnish Seth has over two decades of experience in treating diseases of the liver, gastrointestinal tract and pancreas. His clinical focus is on treatment of acid peptic disorders, GI bleeding, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, treatment of Hepatitis B & C and liver transplantation. Dr. Seth performed the first successful stool transplant of the country in an adult with ulcerative colitis in 2014. Formerly, Gastroenterologist to the President of India, Dr. Seth has over 100 publications. He has pioneered organ donation after brain death in North India as Founder Director of Armed Forces Organ Retrieval & Transplant Authority (AORTA) and now as Director of Fortis Organ Retrieval & Transplant (FORT). He is a member of International Society for Organ Donation and Procurement (ISODP) and member of Apex Technical Committee for National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO), New Delhi.
- Fortis Hospitals Limited as Director Gastroenterology & Hepatobiliary Sciences (since 2012).
- Senior Consultant & Head, Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, BL Kapur Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi (2009-2011).
- Professor & Head, Department of Gastroenterology at Army Hospital (Research & Referral), New Delhi (2004-2009)
- Associate Professor in Medicine & Gastroenterology at Kolkata & Delhi (1995-2004)
- Member, Apex Technical Committee, National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO), New Delhi.
- Member of International Society for Organ Donation and Procurement (ISODP).
- Member of Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare committee on formulating national guidelines for liver transplantation (2007).
- Governing Council Member, Society for GI Endoscopy of India (SGEI) 2006-08.
- Governing Council Member, Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG), 2004-05.
- Member, Indian National Association for Study of Liver (INASL).
- Member, American Association for Study of Liver Disease (AASLD).
- Treatment of Acid Peptic Disorders, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s disease, Abdominal tuberculosis, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C.
- Liver transplantation.
- Stool transplantation for Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Ultra-thin GI Endoscopy, Endoscopic Ultrasound and Therapeutic GI endoscopy including ERCP.
- Organ donation.
- Awarded Vishisht Seva Medal for distinguished service by the President of India (26th Jan 2009).
- Best paper during National conference of Indian Society of Gastroenterology (2006).
- Best paper during National conference of Society of GI Endoscopy of India (2007).
- Vice Chief of Army Staff commendation (2006).
- Chief of Naval Staff award for best papers published in the field of Medicine in the Armed Forces (2003 and 2006).
- Smt Ranjana Vij Memorial medal for first position in MD (Medicine), University of Poona, (1989).
- Over 100 publications in International and Indian journals