Dr. Arvind Kumar Khurana
Dr. Arvind Khurana brings with him a rich experience of over 33 years in the various domains of gastroenterology. He has successfully performed over 1,50,000 Endoscopic procedures, including over 20000 cases of EPT/CBD stones removal & Biliary Stenting, 2000 metallic stenting, 950 cases of foreign body removal,2000 PEG placement, 900 PTBD, pediatric and neonatal endoscopy. Dr. Khurana routinely performs over 75 Pancreaticobiliary procedures every month. An M.D. in Medicine from Delhi University, Dr. Khurana has done his D.M. in Gastroenterology from G.B. Pant Hospital, DU in 1991. He is also a Fellow of the reputed Royal College of Physicians (F.R.C.P), Ireland. Widely known for his research work, Dr. Arvind Khurana has presented a number of papers including Vagal Nerve Dysfunction in patients with Corrosive Esophageal Strictures, Foreign Bodies of Upper GI Tract — An experience of 161 Cases and Caroli’s Disease CT Evaluation. He is also actively involved in organizing conferences. He organized the annual JGCON gastro vision for six years, RGCON gastro vision, and Fortiscon-gastro vision.
- Over 30 years of experience in field of Gastroenterology
- Prior to joining Fortis, Dr. Arvind Knurana was working as Sr. Consultant & Head, Department of Gastroenterology Fortis hospital Shalimar Bagh, and Jaipur Golden Hospital. He was also head of gastroenterology, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre.
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- SGI, South Korea
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Pancreas, Endoscopy, Onco-Gastroenterology, Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Won the best video presentation in 2008 in International endoscopy workshop in Hyderabad
- Guest editor for Gastroenterology in JIMSA, April-June, 2008