Dr. Anil Mandhani
Dr. Mandhani has a unique experience of working in the best state-run hospital in India, SGPGIMS, Lucknow, where he helped train more than 100 residents to acquire M.Ch. degree and then in the best corporate hospitals in NCR. The strength of his clinical care is his ethical and humane approach to deal with various problems in Urology. His skill sets are unmatched and always come in handy with his scientific reasoning due to his vast contribution in the field of urology.
His expertise in robotic surgery (more than 550 cases) is unparalleled and he has been known for managing complex situations emanating from deviant outcomes of surgery done by others. His vast experience in kidney transplant surgery( more than 1000 kidney transplants ) with many modifications has been his force to reckon with.
- December 1st, 2020: Executive Director, Urology and kidney transplant, FMRI, Gurugram
- November 1st, 2017: Chairman, Urology and Kidney Transplant, Medanta The Medicity, Gurugram.
- Aug’2016- Oct’ 2017: Director Uro-oncology, Fortis Escorts Hospital, New Delhi
- July 2012 to August 2016: Professor, Urology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
- July 2008 to June 2012: Additional Professor, Urology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
- July 2004 to June 2008: Associate Professor, Urology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
- Jan 2000 to June 2004: Assistant Professor, Urology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
- April 1999 to Dec 1999: Assistant Professor in Urology, Sri Venkateshwar Institute of Medical Science, Tirupati, AP.
- Jan 1999 to March 1999: Senior research associate (Pool Officer) Urology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
- Associate Editor, Indian Journal of Urology
- Robotic surgery
- Kidney transplant
1. Awarded with best reviewer by Journal of Urology in 2017.
2. DUSUCON North zone urological society of India for best research work award. 2014
3. DUSUCON award on best clinical work on PSA characteristic in prostate cancer. 2013.
4.Awarded Fellow of American College of Surgeon, FACS in 2012
5. International Guest Scholarship by American College of Surgeons in 2010.
6. Clinical fellowship in Robotic Uro-oncology in New York Presbyterian hospital, NY, USA in 2006-2007. Assisted and done more than 350 robotic radical prostatectomy in one year during this fellowship.
7. “Innovation award” by Urological Society of India for “Endopyelotomy sheath: a new device to facilitate ante grade Endopyelotomy”.
8. Best paper award on ‘prediction of Fragility of stone by DEXA’ in national conference of Urology 2003.
9.HarGobind Singh traveling fellowship of North Zone of Urology India, 2003
10.UICC International Cancer Technology Transfer (ICRETT) fellowship 2004.
11. Enrollment in The Marquis who’s who publications board 2002.
- Over 200 publications in peer reviewed national and international journals.
- A grant from Bill and Milinda Gates foundation and DBT for exploratory study with IISC, on “ novel polymeric biomaterial for substitution of urinary bladder and ureter” Phase I study. (GCE-India/R4/2018/003)
- BIRAC Grant on the development of a new collection device for urine called Urowear.
- Applied for Patent for the new collecting device for urine.
- Developing a modified Urostomy bag as a startup project with AMTZ Vishakhapatnam.
- Developing a biocompatible degradable double J stent with Institute of Science Bangalore.
- Working on a new device called Foley stent