Dr. Amit Kumar Mahapatra
Dr. Amit Kumar Mohopotro has more than 10 years of experience in the field of Nephrology and Kidney Transplant Medicine. He has been trained in the prestigious tertiary care institutes like Sanjay Gandhi Post-Graduate Institute, Lucknow, and IMS-BHU, Varanasi, before he started his practising career in Delhi- NCR. He has a keen interest in Interventional Nephrology like AV Fistula Creation, PD Catheter Insertion, Tunnelled / Non-Tunnelled Catheter insertion, Kidney Biopsy etc, where he has been instrumental in training DNB Students and conducting many workshops. He has robust experience in Kidney Transplants especially ABO Incompatible and HLA Incompatible Transplants and has participated in organising Transplant Updates and many CMEs. He has published many original articles and case reports in indexed journals and holds membership in prestigious societies like ISN, NZ-ISN, PDSI, DNS. His clinical skills and excellent personal communication has earned him great respect among patients with very high satisfaction rates.
- Fortis Medical Research Institute, Gurgaon as Senior Consultant, Department of Nephrology & Renal Transplant Medicine (since 2021).
- Consultant, Department of Nephrology & Renal Transplant Medicine, Institute of Kidney & Urology, Medanta - The Medicity, Gurgaon (2016-2021)
- Associate Consultant, Department of Nephrology, Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon (2014-2016).
- Assistant Professor, Department of Nephrology, DMC, Ludhiana, 2014
- Indian Society of Nephrology
- Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India
- ERA— EDTA
- ISN-Northern Zone Life Membership
- Delhi Nephrology Society
- ABO Incompatible, HLA Incompatible Kidney Transplants
- Interventional Nephrology eg. AV Fistula Creation, Tunnelled HD Catheter Insertion, Graft and Native Kidney Biopsy, PD Catheter insertion, etc.
- Acute Kidney Injury and Chronic Kidney Disease patient care
- Glomerular Disease, Adult Nephrotic Syndrome and Rapid Progressive Renal Failure Management
- Best oral award for Topic “Factors predicting mortality in diabetic PD patients" at the PDSICON 2013, held at Flora Airport Hotel, Thrissur, India.
- Winner (1st Prize) in National Neurology Quiz held at Indore, India in 2009.
- Gold medal in Surgery in Final MBBS examination.
- Gold medal in ENT in 3rd MBBS part I examination.