Dr. Ajitabh Srivastava
Dr Ajitabh Srivastava has over 15 years of experience in HPB Surgery and liver transplant since 2005 while working with stalwarts in India. He is trained and worked at reputed institutes in India at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Apollo Delhi and MedantaMedicity and has done his fellowship from University of Rochester New York after completing his USMLE. He has to his credit of being founder member of transplant unit at Apollo Delhi, Apollo Chennai and MIOT Chennai and played important role in protocolizing systems in these institutes.
Over the last 15 years he has been member of the team pioneering in liver transplant in India and involved in subsequent innovations in living donor liver transplant such as minimally invasive donor hepatectomy, ABOI, Domino and dual liver transplant. He has participated in more than 1500 liver transplant including living donor, deceased donor, pediatric transplant and combined liver and kidney transplant. He is proficient in other complex hepatobiliary surgery, Kidney Transplant and vascular access surgery. He has number of publications and presentations in Indian and international conferences.
- Registrar in SGE and HPB Surgery - Sir Ganga Ram Hospital and Apollo Delhi
- Associate Consultant in HPB and Liver Transplant – Apollo Delhi
- Consultant HPB and Liver Transplant – Apollo Chennai and MedantaMedicity
- Consultant HPB and Solid Organ Transplant – MIOT Hospital Chennai
- Lifetime Member of Associations of Surgeons of India
- Lifetime member of Indian Association of Surgicalgastroenterologist
- Lifetime member of IHPBA
- Life member of Liver transplant Society of India
- Member of American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- Member of International liver transplant Society
- Performing Complex Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery
- Minimising the risk and morbidity in Live donor Surgery
- Interest in developing Laparoscopic and Robotic Liver Surgery
- Medical and Intensive care management of patients with liver disease
- Establishing Cadaveric and donation after cardiac death
- Gold medallist in the MBBS in several subjects.
- Cleared USMLE exams with excellent grades
- Best Registrar award at Ganga Ram Hospital
- Learning Curve in Laparoscopic Surgery presented as a thesis topic for MS Surgery
- Impact of including MHV in the donor and recipient Surgery
- Several publications in reputed International and Indian journals