Dr. Ajay Kumar Kriplani
Dr. A.K. Kriplani, is a nationally recognized leader in laparoscopic gastrointestinal and bariatric surgery. Dr. Kriplani is the “Past President” of the Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons. Fellowship programs of the IAGES introduced by him have been very popular and widely acclaimed. Dr. Ajay Kriplani has the credit of being first in India to perform laparoscopic adrenalectomy and laparoscopic splenectomy. With a rich experience of 40 years to his credit, Dr. Kriplani has been associated with many prestigious organizations like Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, AIIMS, New Delhi, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, Sitaram Bhartia Institute, New Delhi. He takes keen interest in educational activities and research
- Lecturer in Surgery at J.L.N. Medical College, Ajmer, Rajasthan
- Assistant Professor of Surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Associate Professor of Surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Additional Professor of Surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Senior Consultant at Sitaram Bhartia Institute of Science and Research, New Delhi
- Senior Consultant in Laparoscopic, Bariatric and G.I. Surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Chief, Center for laparoscopic weight loss Surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
- Life Member, Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
- Life Member, Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons (IAGES).
- Life member, Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS).
- Founder Member, Hernia Society of India (HSI) affiliated to Asia Pacific Hernia Society.
- Life member, Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI) affiliated to International Federation for Surgery of Obesity (IFSO).
- Life member, Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO).
- Life member, Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (IASG).
- Minimal Access Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery.
- Laparoscopic GI Surgery & Colorectal Surgery
- Recipient of 39 National / international awards / honours / orations, for distinguished clinical work, teaching and research.
- Organising chairman for 13 National Conferences / Workshops/ courses. 51 scientific publications in International & National journals / invited chapters in books. Editor of two text books “Comprehensive Laparoscopic Surgery” & “Mini Atlas of Laparoscopic Surgery”.